Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday, November 11, 2010 – Houston TX to Austin TX, 162 miles, 3.5 hours.

6 days respite in Houston. Caught up on most of the last minute details before crossing the border in a few days (bank, shut off phone, bills, etc.) hung out with good friends and even won a little $ playing PLO. Easy short ride today to Houston where I’m at my buddy John and his 8 month pregnant wife Aileen’s place. I re-become fast friends with his 2 year old Alana. We go get some of that good ass Texas BBQ and catch up on old times (me and John met playing music together back in D.C.), and then in early. I’m trying to leave as early as possible in the morning to get across as much of big-assed Texas as possible and hopefully get into New Mexico by tomorrow evening while it is still light, and do my first camping of the trip in a state or national forest. Then the plan is to head to Bisbee, AZ to meet up with a few other ADV riders ( motorcycle travelling enthusiasts forum of which I am a member) before crossing the border into Baja and really beginning this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment